The Kumon Method
At Kumon we are dedicated to fully pursuing the potential of each individual student. Kumon Instructors provide just enough guidance for their students to be able to do the exercises on their own. As a result, our students learn that they can do anything if they try, build self-esteem, and develop the ability to take on new challenges for themselves.
- The learning contents include number counting at kindergarten level, four mixed operations at primary school level, to factorisation at junior secondary school level and calculus at senior secondary school level...
- The learning materials cover pronunciation, Chinese characters, vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, etc. This program helps children enrich their vocabulary and develop advanced reading comprehension ability....
Kumon EFL (English as a Foreign Language)
- The learning contents start from the simplest content such as vocabulary, sentence structure and grammar to more complicated contents in reading comprehension. Children gradually increase their English proficiency and gain confidence in learning English.... ;
Kumon ERP (English Reading Program)
- Practice includes comprehension, grammar, writing, listening and oral exercise with daily expressions...
The following four strengths enable Kumon to achieve all of the above.
1. Individualized Instruction
Kumon is an individualized learning method that allows each student to study at a comfortable level, regardless of age or school grade, and advance beyond his or her current school grade level.
Kumon places great importance on self-learning, encouraging students to read the worksheets, think, and do the exercises on their own. The ability to study independently helps students become proactive and assists them in the pursuit of their goals and aspirations.
3. Small-Step Worksheets
Kumon worksheets are designed to take students from easy problems to difficult problems in very small steps. This enables each student to study at an appropriate level and advance smoothly through the program.