(Applicable to Hong Kong & Macao district only)
Kumon China Company Limited (the “Company”), and our subsidiaries (collectively, “we”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy, we are committed to protect your privacy through our compliance with this policy, and all relevant provisions under the “Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance” (applicable to Hong Kong district) / “Macao Personal Data Protection Act” (applicable to Macao district) (collectively referred to “Relevant Ordinances”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding the collection of your information (whether through your enrollment form, our website or application, or from other sources), and how we will use it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose to exit our website or application, or not to use our services and products.
2. Collection of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information such as your name, correspondence address, contact number and email address; and other persons’ information which are relevant to the information, services, activities or facilities you have requested, such as personal information of your child (including but not limited to the gender and the date of birth). The person who is receiving Kumon Method instruction (i.e. your child) hereinafter referred to as the “Student”.
We may collect above-mentioned information through various means. For example, we collect:
- Registration and enrollment information you provide when you make enrollment application to us;
- Contact information and details of your request or enquiry when you send us request or enquiries regarding our services and products;
- Registration information in our application, and relevant information about the use of our application by your registered account, such as the content you view or listen, how often you use our application; and
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our website, use our application, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
The provision of your personal information is voluntary. However if you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to process your requests or provide the information, services, activities and facilities requested by you.
3. Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information and/or personal information of the Student for one or more of the following purposes from time to time:
- to process enrollment application matter of the Student;
- to provide services of Kumon Method instruction to the Student;
- to produce “Advanced Student Honor Roll” and/or “Kumon Completers Award” related materials for the Student ;
- to handle transfer out (change of Kumon education centre), discontinue or resume studies application of the Student;
- to market products, services, activities, facilities and other subjects (please see further details in section 5 below);
- to communicate with you, including but not limited to responding to your enquiries, requests or complaints for information, services, activities and facilities of us;
- to distribute notices of any subsidiaries of the Company;
- to invite you and/or the Student to participate activities of any subsidiaries of the Company and to conduct survey;
- to conduct internal statistical research and analysis, including but not limited to sustainable research and analysis of the Intelligent Database of the Kumon Group;
- regarding to the studying progress of the Student: to conduct Kumon education centre analysis, research and development of Kumon worksheets and instructional method;
- for safety and security purposes;
- to make disclosure when required by any law, court order or direction applicable in or outside Hong Kong/Macao; and
- other purposes relating to any of the above.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Subsidiaries and parent of the Company;
- specified franchisee of the Company’s subsidiaries;
- adviser or service provider who provides administrative, computer or other services to us; and
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us.
Such personal information may be transferred to a place outside Hong Kong (applicable to a Hong Kong resident) / Macao (applicable to a Macao resident).
5. Use of Personal Information in Direct Marketing
We intend to use the personal information of the Students, parents/guardians (including but not limited to your/the Student’s name and contact information) in direct marketing, to market and promote the products, services, activities, facilities, promotions and/or events relating to us.
6. Security and Retention of Personal Information
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. When you submit any personal data to us through the internet, the transmission of information will be encrypted and protected under Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider to use appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We will not keep personal information longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the information is or is to be used.
7. Access and Correction of Personal Information
- In accordance with the terms of Relevant Ordinances, you are entitled:
(i) to check whether we holds personal information about you and access of such data; and
(ii) to require us to correct your personal data which is inaccurate.
- We have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
8. Contact Us
Personal Data Privacy Officer
Kumon China Company Limited
Units 3406-08, Chubb Tower, Windsor House
311 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong
June 2019 Version